Thursday 3 November 2011

The Elusive You

Wake up every morning, looking for you
Searching for your face, in the faces I glimpse
In the bus stop, in the garden path
City centre or some far corner
Every party I go to, every club to dine
In all the forms and colours, and the people I find
Looking for you, searching for you
There I find you, and then I don’t
You seem to be there and yet I miss you
All around me I see your face
Yet I fail to see you for all that I see
O elusive you, the elusive you.
Saguna Nirgun, Nirguna Sagun
Nirguna Sagun, Saguna Nirgun

4 comments:

  1. having everything, yet you still have nothing.
    having nothing; yet you have everything.

    well said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, absolutely right. And also that we are so quick to reduce what is indescribable into an object, while all objects continue to reflect a bit of the indescribable, even while none of them can ever capture or contain it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it is our irrepressible urge for order and meaning in our universe. we invented time to explain sunrise and sunset, calendars to predict seasons, etc. seasons would still come and go and the sun would rise and set even if there was no concept of time. love is the drug that keeps us going eh bro? cause nothing else seems to be worth it . . . In our current understanding, nothing makes sense at all! until science catches up to explain myths in laboratory controlled experiments, we will probably be in a great big cycle of misinformation.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, bro, you have a lot packed in that :) Yes, what is time? It is an intriguing question, especially when we see that there are different conceptions of it in our history. And why does one view of time have power to decide how life has to be ordered is important as well. You have rightly talked about an urge for order, meaning and I would add, control. We invent structures to control and subdue. Love is again a very complex set of ideas and phenomena. Finally, Science needs to be seen as another way of interpreting data. It is not the the final word on anything, as the history of Science has revealed so clearly.

    ReplyDelete